Monday, April 4, 2011

Dinner: Update

Beef stew turned out OK, but 8 cups of liquid is too much!  However, the liquid did produce a strong and tasty beef stock, something that I can freeze and re-use for next week.

G and are taking advantage of the porch - playing Irish music on Pandora and reading.  The sky looks so blue and wide - hard to believe that we're supposed to get thunder storms tonight.  I'm hoping that the weather continues to be as beautiful as it has been today.

I wrote 600-ish words this afternoon of an original short story.  I haven't written that much, that well since college.  Perhaps this writer thing will work out after all!  I have a college degree in creative fiction, after all.

This is the kind of weather that makes me think that anything is possible.  That my brain can take off and burn fuel like a rocket.  That I can feed on the little pieces of myself and explode.

No comments:

Post a Comment