Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Today's Work

Well, I got up this morning and got right to cooking.  I had a three pound roast, red bliss potatoes, carrots, onion, and a cheap Malbec, so I browned the roast with garlic, pepper, and thyme, deglazed the pan with 1/2 cup water and 1 cup wine, then set it all to simmering in the crock pot.  I think nine hours of cooking time (on low) should make for a tasty dinner!

Wednesdays are a good day.  G and I always plan something special for Wednesdays - it makes the week a lot more fun.  Tonight, of course, is the pot roast, to be accompanied by a glass of wine.  Dessert will be chocolate covered strawberries.  I am really looking forward to it - just a little romance for the middle of the week!

Other house chores that I should have done today: laundry and general tidying.  I feel bad that I didn't get to those, but I have some time over the next two days.  What I did accomplish was some preparation for my second job as Liturgical Dance Instructor.  I created a warm-up to begin with at each rehearsal, and I picked two songs for the first performances.  I also wrote a little about the lyrics and what they mean to me and how they relate to God.  I think it's a good start.  First rehearsal in a week and a half!  

Looking forward to spending the evening with my guy.  I hope he likes the roast!  (He'll probably eat it whether or not it's spectacular.  Definitely a keeper.)


No comments:

Post a Comment